Mikolaj Cymerman assumes top role in CEE division of Entain, grabs advisory board position at STS

Mikolaj Cymerman has been named the chief commercial officer of the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) division of Entain and also secured a board advisory role with Polish sportsbook operator STS Holdings.

Cymerman took to LinkedIn to confirm his new dual role, stating that he is excited to take on these new challenges. He steps into the senior position at Entain CEE after serving as the head of corporate development for the regional division. Prior to this, he held various roles at Entain, including business development manager and commercial manager.

Before joining Entain, Cymerman was a sales executive at IMG Media and held similar positions during his time at Decade Sports.

The news of Cymerman’s appointment to the C-suite comes after STS was acquired by Entain for a staggering £750m (€879m/$955m) in 2023. This agreement was reached in June of last year and finalized in August.

Following the acquisition, several management changes were announced at STS, with Radim Haluza taking the role of chief executive, while also remaining CEO of Entain CEE. Mateusz Juroszek, the long-serving STS chief executive, transitioned to become chairman of the supervisory board.

Entain’s expansion into the CEE market has been rapidly growing, with the creation of Entain CEE in 2022 to facilitate acquisitions in the region. Entain holds a 75% stake in Entain CEE, while Emma Capital owns the remaining 25% stake.

STS’s acquisition marked Entain’s second move into the CEE market in the span of 12 months, following the purchase of a 75% stake in Croatian market leader SuperSport for €690m in August 2022. Cymerman previously commented to iGB that the acquisition of STS was just the first step for Entain CEE, indicating there will be more acquisitions in the region.

By admin